Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas Ornament Ideas



Welcome to day 5 of our Christmas craft and recipe journey!
Today our flat got our very own Christmas tree.
In-keeping with this today's activity was making Christmas ornaments.

I made three:



For the first ornament I took a small plain bauble, and a fake rose, pulled the petals and base of the rose off, and layered them back on around the bauble, gluing them in place with hot glue. Easy.


For the second ornament I took another small plain bauble, and some fake daisies, and hot glued them all over the bauble. Making sure to cover the bauble entirely. I like how its bright and bold.


For the last ornament I took some white felt, cut a heart twice out of it, and quickly stitched around it with red embroidery thread making sure to leave a gap open, I then stuffed it with some crumpled paper, and sewed the hole shut. Then I just stitched a thread through at the top of the heart to hang it!


Get creative, there any so so so many things you can make to decorate your tree this Christmas.
We are thinking of pin-wheels, paper cranes, popcorn string, mini bunting to name a few.

-Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment