Sunday 18 December 2011

Gift Wrap Ideas



Christmas day is one week away!

Time to share some gift wrapping ideas!
Here are three ways with one present





I started with a plain brown paper, the kind you buy from the post office to wrap parcels. The crafty-ness of this paper and the possibilities of cute things you can do to presents with this as your foundation makes brown paper my favourite wrapping paper to use. And the best thing about it is that it works all year round! These ideas could work for just about any occasion. I wanted the presents to fit with the decorating theme of Little House, so I kind of chose mini versions of our Christmas crafts to wrap this parcel.




Blossom Pom Parcel


Following on from the Blossom Wreath I made earlier this month, the same idea applies here. First cut out a little card circle and punch four holes around the edges. This is where you will tie your string.




 Next, cut circles out of your tissue, twist the centre to make a blossom, and stick it to your card circle with hot glue. 


Finally tie string through the holes on the card and tie at the back of your parcel.




Ribbons and Fans


These are some paper fan type things I bought from the stationary store a little while ago, thinking to myself "I will totally use those." 
And I totally have not!
If you have any things like this around in your craft stash, scrapbooking stash etc, stick them on a present with a colourful ribbon.






I am a ribbon fiend, I LOVE RIBBON. At Christmas I always buy ribbon from Magnolia Trading on Tory Street. I bought ribbon in the Magic Colour for this year's presents and tied a bow as the finishing touch


Bunting Parcel


My last idea for you today is, of course, bunting!
As you may remember from early this month, bunting is one of my favourite things in the world. I think it's fitting then, to give a little piece of bunting away to a friend. 
Cut out little triangles in a few different types of paper, carefully make small holes at the top, string your twine through. Then wrap the twine around the parcel and tie at the back. Easy!



Have fun!

Leah x

No comments:

Post a Comment