Sunday 18 December 2011

Jar Snowglobes



Well it may not be the fifteenth so to speak but today we made....

DIY Jar snowglobes! woo!

These are a super fun and festive way to reuse an old jar.
You will need:

Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
1 Jar with a tight fitting lid
small things to put inside your snowglobe
cold water
glitter/ sequins/ plastic confetti etc


For my snowglobe I used a smaller jar lid to stand my horse figurine up a bit higher as he was hard to see when I placed him on the snowglobes jar lid.


Next I hot glued the bits and bobs I wanted inside the snowglobe onto the 'base' (the jar lid).

You can use anything you like to fill the jar - just make sure whatever you choose isnt going to rot/ rust/ decay/go gross in water... plastic is your friend here!


Fill the jar almost to the very top and put in your 'snow'.
When I first tried out my 'snow' I used coconut. Sadly this failed and just sat on the top of the water.


For my second attempt at 'snow' I used tiny glass beads...this also failed, too heavy!

Luckily when Leah got home she suggested glitter and star confetti. AND HOORAH! IT WORKED!

Woo! Winston the glitter horse is now enjoying a mighty disco-y blizzard!

-Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment